The Society of Antiquaries of London has published a ‘manifesto’ reflecting on the state of archaeology at the present time, looking at opportunities and threats to the sector, and partly in response to the government’s White Paper Planning for the Future. It is available for download from their website here.
- March 4th The Sue Margeson Memorial Lecture
- February 4 Dr Andrew Hutcheson, UEA & NNAS President. The Later Prehistoric Norfolk Project: Arminghall Henge and its Landscape
- January 7 Dr Richard Hoggett, Freelance Heritage Consultant M.R.James: East Anglian Antiquarian
- December 3rd Dr Brian Ayers, UEA Gilbert of Hamar – a forgotten 13th-century Norwich cleric, envoy and intellectual
- November 5th Dr Lisa-Elen Meyering, Postdoctoral Researcher, Durham University, Using visual psychology to interrogate early prehistoric art