The NNAS exists to encourage interest in Norfolk’s rich heritage, and to work for its protection.
We do this through a range of activities
- supporting life-long learning of history and archaeology
- providing grants for academic and community-led archaeology and history projects
- advocating for better access, understanding and care of Norfolk’s historic archives, buildings, objects and sites
Become a member!
You will be joining a community of people who all want to learn more about Norfolk’s past. Click here.
- A programme of monthly lectures during the autumn and winter
- In the summer we organise excursions to a variety of sites in Norfolk and further afield
- Norfolk Archaeology, the leading academic journal for the archaeology and history of Norfolk, is published annually and sent free of charge to full members
- Newsletter, sent twice a year to all members, includes news of forthcoming events, lectures and talks, as well as articles on local and national heritage matters
- The Society’s Library is an invaluable resource for the history of the County
Membership of the Society gives you full access to our events, publications and activities, and you will be helping us to fulfill our aims of studying, protecting and enjoying the archaeology of Norfolk.
After 174 years of publication, most of the journals of one of the oldest archaeological Societies in the UK are going online, for anyone to access free of charge. Supported by a grant from the Marc...
If you have anything to contribute to the newsletter - reports on fieldwork, adverts for lectures, society news, etc. Please send it to the newsletter editor by the end of February for inclusion in...
Council would welcome your suggestions for next year’s summer excursions – where would you like to visit that is normally closed to the public or otherwise ‘out of bounds’? Would you like the...
The Society of Antiquaries of London has published a 'manifesto' reflecting on the state of archaeology at the present time, looking at opportunities and threats to the sector, and partly in...